An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Monday, June 14, 2010

I hate the Offseason

As demonstrated by me not posting in a month. I also have been busy, a baby on the way and work has picked up has made my blogging time diminish dramatically. Along with the offseason.

Oh man I hate this downtime. There really isn't anything interesting for me to blog about.

Yes I know I could blog about the Blackhawks winning the Cup, and Bills at OTA's. But other teams fans excited and glorified practice isn't what gets me writing or wanting to write.

But with the Cup over with, that means the Draft is right around the corner and that means trades and signings are soon to come. July 1st could be fun, but I think June 25th will be the more important date. That is when Trades can start happening. The Sabres are more likely to be involved in the trade market then in the free agency market, because Darcy is more into a value addition by subtraction type guy. And the Sabres don't need to create buzz, by overpaying some guy. A good trade will do the same.

The Bills on the other hand, keep in the news with their OTA's and the saga of Marshawn Lynch. I could care less if he shows up. Its up to him, and the coach doesn't have to do anything. This is professional sports. The coach is here to lead the players that are there, not baby someone who doesn't care or want to be there. The Bills are in no position with Schobel or Lynch, because its hard to get value for someone, that everyone knows wants to leave. They will probably get 5th round picks for the both of them.

Yes there is the World Cup, but it seems everyone plays not to lose, that it makes it more of a drag then it could be. There is so much at stake for the players and the coaches, that its not more a attack style game and it could be, and it would be awesome.

And I really don't care about the Bisons. Sorry. But its hard to care, when a team is in constant flux. The players change all the time, they win, they lose. But its not like they can committ to winning, when the best players will be called up, because they are good. So, you are left with average players or guys who are caught in a loaded postition.

I guess I'm just got in a blah sports mood. But one nice trade next week and my sports energy tank will be full again.

So its up to you Darcy, no pressure.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker