An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Finding the Time to Blog.

I haven't had a post since May 20th, not that many people read this blog, its not like I'm letting a huge fan base down. But sometimes you have to concentrate on other things, like work and personal life. Being busy at work should be looked at as a lucky thing these days, with so many struggling. So why ruin it with posting stupid nonsense on the Internet, wasting bloggers precious server space with my drivel.

Really I've come to the conclusion, to be a real successful blogger, you have to be a) It's your job and you can spend hours a day at it. b) good at writing. c) unemployed d) a student e) have no life, life takes you away from the computer and you can't blog.

If you have a 9-5 job, its super hard to blog. You can't have a train of thought going. You write something, then you work, go back, then work. Back and forth, back and forth. For me at least it prevents something good. That and I have poor grammar skills and writing ability,which may also hurt. But I do it for fun, and I hope people enjoy what I write. Getting a link on Puck Daddy this year was a highlight for me.

Some may go, what about when you get home? Well I hardly ever touch my computer at home. I get home feed the dogs, start dinner, and wait for my Fiancee to come home. And I'd go upstairs, but the one dog, tends to make trouble. So I have to stay downstairs and watch some tv. Then when the Fiancee comes home we spend time together. The little we get during the week. Then go to bed. So work is really the one place I can blog.

It's funny, to look back at all the free time I wasted when I was single. Just wasted it. Now, I'm busy a lot. And just constantly doing stuff. And it probably is going to be that way for a while. I'm getting married in less then 4 months, then honeymoon, enjoying married life without wedding plans. Then thinking about kids. Then it will be kids. A couple years ago, I'd waste a Monday night watching tv, by myself and eat some crap food. Now I'm thinking about invitations and when I would like to have children. Sometimes you grow up fast. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just like when you want to meet someone, the same applies with blogs. If you want something you gotta put yourself out there and damn the consequences. A successful blog takes work, as does a successful relationship. I feel I got one of those down, but maybe the blog isn't as important as I would like to think. Its just fun, like a club sport. But I see many more entries this summer.

We got Bills Mini Camps
The NHL Draft
Free Agency
Baseball
Training camp
then NFL Hall of Fame.

Hockey seems to have fallen off the map in this town this summer. I guess two losing seasons will lose that fire and passion, but it will be back come September. It will be interesting to see what the Sabres do. The LQ might be under fire from Tommy to make the playoffs and make some money. So he might let Darcy do what does Darcy does best, wheel and deal.

And the ongoing TO story is always fun.

Plenty to talk about and its time to get back on the horse. Give the buffalo sports fan some opinions to read. Hopefully some will enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna make my own post about it

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker