An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

That sucked.


elsa/getty

Oh boy, that felt awful. I just thought they were gonna win that game, especially going up 2-0 after 2 periods. Now down 3 to 1, almost evaporates all hope. Of course the optimist in me goes, there's a chance. And I should just let things play themselves out. But seriously, the series should be the other way around. But its not, and that's how things are. And I can't wait if the Sabres lose, to hear the comments starting the offseason. Who should go, what should change. My opinion?

I have no idea what they should do.

But I know last night sucked, and reminded me why the downside of playoff hockey is worse, then just watching and enjoying the other games, like I did last year. The highs are very few in between the tension and the frustration. But if things keep on going, I won't have to worry about that much longer, and I can go back enjoying my nights. And get to the home improvement projects I need to start.

No matter how many times I tell myself that I won't watch friday. I will and I will care. And if they win, I'll watch Monday. If they stretch this out to 7 games and break my heart. It will suck even more. And thats where most Sabre fans are. They just want it over, so it won't hurt anymore. If we were impartial, 7 game series would be awesome.

I figured out the negative feeling around this team. They just don't trust it, don't want to believe, and don't want to go all in, like 3 years ago. Most Sabre fans are still reeling from the bad breakup and aren't ready for that committment. Lucky for them, it looks like theres nothing to commit to.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker