An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

GCFB takes a field trip

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(ooo game is gonna start)

Well the Girlfriend of GCFB had a surprise for me on my birthday. She stated it was gonna be awesome, I had no doubt about that, but I made many guesses. I don't like to guess, but surprises make me think. I thought maybe this and maybe that. The hockey game popped up, but I kinda dismissed that. But when she came over after work. She gave me a card and in it she mentioned the section 309. I saw this and lit up like a christmas tree. I was giddy, she said it would be great and she was right. So we made a quick trip to Wendy's and headed to the Arena, getting there just in time.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(yes we sat in the bizarro Goose's Roost section)

I was sitting there happy like a 4 year old, nothing could be better at the moment. Hockey game in good seats, my birthday and with someone that makes me happy 24/7. Well the game started and the Sabres came out in the giving mood. Giving the puck away twice for two quick goals in the 1st. The building wasn't that loud to begin with, this did not help. But the Sabres got a power play and Jaro Spacek buried it in. (The sabres had much trouble putting the puck in the net on Monday)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(The Sabres were in the Bruins zone quite a bit)

During the intermissions I sat there taking things in and just talking to Rebecca. She is good to take to a game with. She might not now the rules of icing and offsides, but as a goalie, she knew what was good positioning and gave actual good advice on how to pressure. You would normally say, what do you know? But it was like, mmm that makes perfect sense, how can we get you to Lindy Ruff.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(It was 3-1 after 1st and 2nd periods)

Well even though they couldn't score or put the puck on the net from the point. That poor glass took a beating on monday. I never really was upset, because of the woman next to me. I never got over the fact she got me tickets for my birthday. It just meant a lot. Well during the third, the boo birds came out, and the guy in the next row kept screaming something about Larry Quinn, what does the LQ have to do with anything? How about the players? They are responsible for the effort.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(A good picture of our angle)

The Bruins put in another insurance goal off another turnover. The Bruins didn't get shots, but the mistakes the Sabres made, the Bruins made them pay dearly. Thats the old New Jersey style of hockey, trust the goalie and convert turnovers. The Bruins closed it out, winning 4-1, despite getting outshot 45-21.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(Consider Rebecca Wagner a member of the Alex Auld Fan Club)

We left at the end of the game, filed out and headed back to my place for some cake. Not only did she get me tickets she got me favorite cake from my favorite place. Carrot Cake from Sweet Tooth. Its heavenly. A perfect way to end the night. I really didn't care that the Sabres lost. I just have to think what to do for her birthday to match how I felt last night. I couldn't thank her enough.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker