An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sabres Name Campbell Captain



Do to my unprecedented access to anywhere I wanna go in this town (don't ask just take it as a fact) GCFB, caught up with Brian Campbell on Monday to discuss his captaincy and what he plans on doing with it.

GCFB: Hey there Brian, so Captain for December thats quite the honor.

Soupy: Yeah, I'm pretty honored to be made Captain with all the great leaders on the team.

GCFB: So what other perks do you get with the "C"

Soupy: Other then the pride of being a Sabre Captain, nothing.

GCFB: No special parking space? No extra scoop of Ice Cream after team dinners? Come on theres gotta be something.

Soupy: Well, there is one thing, but I don't know, its kind of a secret.

GCFB: Well to late now. Spill it Brian

Soupy: You get to pick the first cd to put in the locker room music system. And the movie on the plane.

GCFB: Thats a secret? That seems kinda cool, but nothing you would keep a secret.

Soupy: Well around here its kinda big, its all about perspective I guess.

GCFG: Come on, theres no Captains room at the Arena.

Soupy: Captains Room? Why would there be a special room for one guy, we're a team and thats against what we are trying to accomplish.

GCFB: (Rolls eyes) Come on Brian, enough with the cliches. I won't tell anyone about the special perks, especially the wives and girlfriends, if you know what I mean.

Soupy: I see what you are getting at, but there is nothing else a player gets from being captain other then the respect and added responsibility.

GCFB: I'd expect this crap from Ryan Miller, but not you Brian, come on you're single, you like to go out. And you would like me to believe that you don't go around downtown and say to the ladies, "wanna a little captain in you"

Soupy: Thats dis respective to women and I would never say that. By the way, how did you get in here.

GCFB: Um Peters, yeah, he let me in.

(Campbell goes over to Andrew Peters, while GCFB steals a Campbell jersey and runs.)

GCFB: HA! Looks like I'm putting this bad boy on EBAY and having money for Christmas!

1 comment:

Downerguy said...

Nothing to do with Hockey at all:

One of the top stories, not just sports stories, in Rochester.
The HUSBAND of Jennie Finch(from USA Softball fame) MAY pitch for the RedWings.

http://www.rochesterdandc.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071204/SPORTS/71204044

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker