An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

The 2008-2009 Sabres are almost here




With the recent demotion of 8 players to Portland, which looks like a heck of a team, this leaves them with 25 players, 2 over the limit. With Gaustad injured, it looks like Weber will be sent down, simply because its the easiest option the team has. Why risk sending a MacArthur through waivers just to keep 8 defensemen.

So to start the season the forwards in my opinion would be.

Pominville, Roy, Hecht, Vanek, Connolly, Stafford, Mair, Kotalik, Peters, Kaleta MacArthur, Paille, Afinogenov, Ellis.

The defensemen would be Lydman, Tallinder, Numminen, Spacek, Rivet, Sekera and Paestch.

With Miller and Lalime in the nets.

Obviously you only dress 20 guys a game. So Paetsch, Peters and Ellis are riding the press box for the little bit, and if Connolly is hurt still Ellis takes the spot. Who I don't know anything about nor does he have a number yet.

I haven't been excited much about the hockey season yet, but with the roster coming together, I am getting there. I'm sure opening night next week we'll see where I am at. Probably at home with my girlfriend, saying how about we turn on that Sabre game, you know check how bad they are this year.

But its nice to have a sports option during the week now. I'll post a more in depth Sabre preview later in the week. Enjoy the anticipation.




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker