An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day





Hey its Valentine's day so maybe I should spread some messages of things I love in the sports world. I'd get you all flowers and candy, but only one person in my life will be getting those items.

First, the Buffalo Sabres. You will get a rose. You're 8-0-2 in your last 10 games, rocketed up to 7th spot in the East and hope to keep climbing. Hell with Ottawa going in the tank, time to make a run for the division. You play smart and with heart of late. You seem to know what you're doing. Its nice to see. Of course it takes till February. Ottawa has gone 9-10-1 in their last 20 games, of course the Sabres have gone 9-5-6, so they only gained 5 points since the start of the New Year.

Second, um uh, no one. No roses for the Bills of late with their disasters, the NBA I don't care about, the Griffs get no love of late. Thank god for the recent success of the Sabres because life as a Buffalo sports fan isn't that great. Well baseball is getting started soon, but the weather outside doesn't put me in the baseball mood. I just want free agency to start and its 2 months to the draft. I would usually get a little twitchy for the NFL Draft but I have better things to do then worry who's on top of Mel Kiper's Draft Board.

But the true rose goes out to the Girlfriend of GCFB. Who puts up with my sports nonsense, and sometimes embraces it. But she is my rock, the one I can depend on at all times. I love her and hopefully the rest of the day goes well for the both of us, shes lucky to have today off. While I'm at work worrying if something gets delivered on time and if everything else goes well. She makes the losses less worrisome and the bad news less stressful, because I know I have something great to go see on a daily basis.

So Happy Valentines Day to you baby, I'll see you later.

1 comment:

Downerguy said...

Finally after almost 8 years, you finally told me how you really feel. You gave me wings so I could fly.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker