An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Hey there Sabre fan.



Hey there Sabre fan, its me GCFB, we're both Sabre Fans. Sure you might be down now with the play of the team. You came into the season, saying we don't need those bums Briere and Drury. Screw them, yeah we got Vanek, Roy and Connolly. We have plenty of scoring. WOOOO look out SENS! Well we're almost 20 games in. And the Sabres are in last place of the conference, can't score and the buzz isn't good. Making that new years day game a potential embarrassment to the franchise. Instead of 18,000 booing, 70,000 booing.

Well I'm here to say not all is lost. Theres plenty of season left. They are showing effort. They are just in a collective slump. Its like a virus. Or maybe they are cursed. Who knows. But instead of sitting down and watching every game. Being frustrated and angry over a game you have no control of, I have a suggestion. Do what the GCFB is doing. Getting out of the house and doing something else.

Sure you may say, hey real fans don't give up the ship! Well I'm not, I'm just doing other things. Living my life. Hey I went out to a benefit yesterday and hung out the girlfriend of GCFB. I had a wonderful night. I came home found out they lost and was like oh well, my night was great. So tonight instead of staying home and watching the Sabres lose to the Habs. Here are some other plans.

Go see a movie, Beowulf is out, I've heard American Gangster is really good

Go to a bar and watch the game. Sure you're watching the game but you're around others and can strike up conversation and distract yourself from the game. Girls will like it if you ignore the game for her.

Take the wife/husband/gf/bf to a nice dinner. You know where tv's aren't in sight and you have a great dinner with nice conversation. It will be 10pm before you know it and you'll feel great.

Clean the house

Go to the Mall and get started on that Christmas shopping.

Take the kids somewhere

Well those are some suggestions, to make your Friday nice and pleasant and not let outside forces bring down your night.

So where will GCFB be? He'll be at the bar while the official GF of GCFB chats with a former co worker, hoping later we can sit on the couch at Staples on Allen and kinda watch the end of the game.

So keep the faith Sabre fan, but don't neglect yourself.


4 comments:

Jessica K said...

GIRLFRIEND????!!!??

Oh, the evil anti-cupid shall find out about this, and quickly. Yay for modern technology.

Katebits said...

Clapclapclapclapclap!

I was just thinking about this very thing today. I don't like being all upset about the stupid Sabres. What a ridiculous waste of my energy! I'm too good for this. I'm taking back my power, Sabres! You can hurt me, but you can't hold me back! You're on your own tonight, Derek Roy.

Downerguy said...

I took the advice of GCFB and am currently sitting in a bar in JFK airport with Carolina on my mind.
This can also be applied to Griff basketball, after just seeing the halftime score...Penn State 44-Canisius 24. BRING ON CUSE!!

when will the GF of GCFB have a column, we want to hear from her too!

Katebits said...

Hey, your strategy of ignoring the Sabres tricked them into winning! They must have been too nervous with all of us watching so intensely. In the end, I ended up with the game on in my house- but I hardly paid attention, I swear. I maintained my air of disinterest throughout the entire game.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker