An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Ooo boy that was not close



I don't like talking about the past but I'll do it here. Man, was that a mismatch. The score was 56-10 and it could have been worse. The Patriots are such a machine. I never felt they were trying to run up the score since most of the damage was done early. Tom Brady is at a level so much higher then any other QB, that its almost unfair. It didn't help that JP Losman didn't have a good day either. Rev up the bring in Edwards talk. I use to hate the Patriots I really did. But they are so good, and its almost a work of art how their offense operates. So many different options. You just have to watch and go wow, I wish the Bills were something like that. Well lets take a look at the stats, and examine the damage.

Game Stats

Total Yards Patriots 510 Bills 229
3rd Down Eff. Patriots 8-11 Bills 4-10

Tom Brady 31-39 375yards 5tds and a completion % of 79.5

JP Losman 15-26 173 yards 1 Td 1 Int 57.7 completion percentage and 4 sacks.

Randy Moss 10 catches 128 yards 4 TDS (all in the first half)

Punts Patriots 1 Bills 4 (they only punted 4 times? seemed a lot more)

Gain per play Patriots 7.3 Bills 4.7

First Downs Patriots 30 Bills 14 No way they got 14 first downs. Seems like way to many.


The funny thing is the Bills weren't careless, 2 turnovers and 5 penalties, really isn't bad. But to beat the Patriots you have to be more then perfect. No drops, no penalties, no sacks, nothing bad. Even then you'll probably lose. Really teams should be spotted points just to be fair.

Well I'm glad the official girlfriend of GCFB was there (there isn't an unofficial one by the way), she even bought the pizza. She gladly distracted me from this beat down, made her dislike of JP Losman known (she's a Edwards gal) which somehow makes me like her more, though I don't have an opinion of who I want to start. And was very symbolic of the game by falling asleep on me, literally.

Anyway the Bills are still at 5-5 and have a good chance at the playoffs, so not all is lost. But man was that a thrashing.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker