An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Draft




Ohhh the draft is coming. And I am getting excited. I love the NFL Draft. It is Christmas for Football fans. And with the Bills picking 11th, its nice and early and you don't have to wait till like 430 to see the first round pick. But the question is who do the Bills go for? WR has been the hot "need" pick by most people for the Bills, but now things are flattening out and people start thinking, well, WR's can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. And if you are really interested in signing Lee Evans to a long term deal, you can't go draft a future #1. He might think its a slap in the face and contract talks fall apart. Because really the Bills need Evans and another reciever. Thats why with Malcolm Kelly falling off the map, you can wait till the 2nd to pick him up.

So what should they do at 11? CB (I love 1st round corners) and my pick is Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. I know hes a small school guy. But I think hes a future pro bowler. Of course what do I know. But I think lock down corners are lock down corners. Terrence Mcgee isn't a #1 corner in my eyes, so they need to draft one. People are like they need WRS!!!! Well they can go out and draft one or build from within inside. Though people are tired of Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish is a 4th receiver at best. And the other receivers are who? Felton Huggins, Scott Mayle and Justin Jenkins? (Mouth agape) They might draft 3 wr's this year. So I wouldn't worry about if they will draft a wide receiver, its how many they draft.

Color me excited that we are almost only a week away from the draft. Then of course Mini camps, training camp and september will roll around, and the Bills welcome the SeaHags in and proceed towards their super bowl run. (I'm a bit delusional right now)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker