An attempt to be humorous and logical about the Buffalo Sports Scene.

Friday, April 11, 2008

The LQ the day after


The LQ was judging Bucky's clothes.

The LQ walks into his office with a Tim Horton coffee and the Buffalo News.

LQ: Oh boy I wonder what Sucky is gonna say about yesterday, probably slam me, since he's jealous how awesome The LQ is and my hair is so much better then his. Mmm, Montreal won, oh wait? No cheap pot shots? Oh wait, theres the Campbell shot and referring to Drury and Briere, thats expected. 5 for 25 will be on Bucky Gleasons tombstone. Mmm the LQ is impressed by the well written column from Sucky.

Shirley: Mr. Quinn Darcy Regier is outside and wanting to talk with you.

LQ. Send my genius in.

Darcy: Mr Quinn we are needing to talk about the college prospects we need to sign before we lose them, they could be quite valuable to the organization quite soon.

LQ: College prospects? They have Hockey at Colleges now?

Darcy: Yes, they have for a while. The Frozen Four is going on right now and one of our prospects is in the final and scored a hat trick last night.

LQ: Wow! I bet the LQ could score a hat trick against North Dakota. Who plays for them, Eskimos?

Darcy: I bet you couldn't and Drew Stafford went to North Dakota.

LQ: Yeah my point exactly he was pretty useless this year. I hope we don't drill in that hole anymore.

Darcy: North Dakota is one of the finest programs in the country.

LQ: Really? Your going to tell me next Niagara is good at Hockey.

Darcy: They made the tournament and were ranked in the top 20.

(The LQ spits his coffee all over Donna Fernandes' picture in the City and Region.)

LQ: WE DRAFT PLAYERS FROM THESE COLLEGES?

Darcy: Yes all the time, its the new source of talent. Ryan Miller was a 5th round pick out of Michigan State.

LQ: He plays like one.

Darcy: Ryan is our future in net and we need to come up with a long term deal to keep him here. Along with many other guys this summer.

LQ: Woah, Woah, Woah, Mr Proactive. Didn't you read Sucky's column today? Thats exactly what HE wants us to do. If we, errr, I mean The LQ, starts doing what Bucky Gleason wants, then he looks smart and you look like you are kowtowing to the media.

Darcy: Wait, wouldn't that make you kowtow too?

LQ: The LQ doesn't kowtow to anyone, not even Mr Golisano. I do whatever I want here in the house The LQ built.

Darcy: What? Nevermind, I'm gonna go get work on contracts, talent evaluation and making sure we're good next year.

LQ: Yeah whatever, I'll be here you know doing real work.

(Darcy walks out, shaking his head for the 100th time)

LQ: Mmm time to read email, OOOOO whats this Chris Drury wants to come back to Buffalo? Just click on this link. All right.

(A screen pops up and plays this.)

LQ: AHHHHH, IVE BEEN RICK ROLLED! Who dare do that to the LQ. SHIRLEY. GET ME I.T, HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLLLLLLLLL!





No comments:

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY, United States
A Stay at home dad, who has more hot takes then your average stay at home dad.

tracker